Productivity and Innovation Centre grand opening on Nov. 14
Construction on NAIT's newest building, the Productivity and Innovation Centre (PIC), spanned 18 months in real time, but you can watch the progress in far less – 38 seconds, in fact!
Shot from the start of construction in March 2017 until the completion in September 2018, this time lapse footage gives a different perspective on how the polytechnic's front door to industry took shape. NAIT and members of Alberta's business community will celebrate the building's official opening on Nov. 14.
Learn more about PIC
Built with a $34.9-million contribution from the federal government’s Post-Secondary Institutions Strategic Investment Fund, PIC is NAIT’s front door for industry, bringing together the polytechnic’s diverse services and solutions for business. PIC provides services to help make industry more productive and competitive, including:
- introducing new technologies to business
- imagining, developing and testing new products and improving existing ones
- developing applied research solutions for issues facing industry
- assessing and improving business practices
- providing workforce education, with a focus on productivity
- hosting conferences and events